Metropolitan Andrei Catholic School
IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS
Today, our Dufferin-Peel Catholic Schools and board facilities will fly their flags at half staff, in memory of the victims of the shootings at the Centre Culturel Islaminque de Quebec in Ste. Foy, Quebec.
Our thoughts and
prayers are with the Muslim community both in Quebec, and across the world. As
we share our prayers, we must also remember to stand, in solidarity, with our
Muslim brothers and sisters. Every member of our community is entitled to feel
safe, accepted and included. Acts of violence, such this shooting in a place of
worship, undermine the human dignity of the person and upon which the very
fabric that our Canadian society has been built. We will continue as a caring
Catholic community to minister to all our members and share the call to unity;
“There is no
longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male
and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.”
We ask you
to remember in your prayers, any of our brothers and sisters who are persecuted
because of their faith, but most especially, the victims and their families,
and all members of the Centre
Culturel Islamique de Quebec.
Prince of Peace, today we pray for peace in our hearts, in
our minds and in our actions. In a world struggling to find meaning and
often finds itself witnessing deliberate acts of violence, help us be peacemakers.
Grant us the wisdom, insight and prudence to resolve issues and conflicts
without violence. Grant us the vision to recognize that we are all unique
and different. Help us to see the commonality rooted in our humanity,
dignity and worth. Help us to embrace the model that you lived and to
love one another as you continue to love us.
2016-17 Kindergarten Registration is OnGoing!
The following documents are required for registration:
- proof of age of the child (birth certificate or passport)
- Original Roman Catholic baptismal certificate (for child and/or parent/guardian) or baptismal certificate from an Eastern Church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome. If the child has not been baptized, and the parent/guardian is a baptized Roman Catholic or has been baptized in an Eastern Church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome, the parent/guardian must bring their own baptismal certificate.
- updated immunization records (Immunization Card, Peel Health Form or Letter of Exemption)
- proof of Canadian citizenship (Birth Certificate/Passport) or permanent resident status
- proof of home address (two of the following: property tax bill, current utility bill, real estate document or Government of Canada issued forms)
- emergency rural address numbers for identifying your property, if applicable (residents of Caledon and Dufferin County)
- proof of English Separate School Support (may be done at the time of registration by completing an Application For the Direction of School Support and/or a Separate School Lease Agreement available at the school)
- education records, if available
Admissions are open to Catholic children and children of Catholic parents. Kindergarten students must be at least 4 years of age by December 31, 2016.
Please bring your documentation to the main office to register your child(ren).