Admissions to Dufferin-Peel Catholic Schools
Welcome to Dufferin-Peel’s Catholic schools. Our board is one of largest and most diverse school districts in Ontario. We currently operate 149 Catholic schools (123 elementary and 26 secondary), in Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon and Orangeville. At Dufferin-Peel, our goal is to provide quality Catholic education, which teaches students necessary life skills and prepares them for post-secondary education, the workplace, and for their role as responsible citizens
REGISTER FOR THE 2014-15 SCHOOL YEAR DURING THE SUMMER
Elementary schools will be open from August 25 to 29 for registration. Please call the school directly to confirm office hours.
For information on registering to attend a Dufferin-Peel Catholic secondary school for the 2014-15 school year during the summer months when school is closed (July 7 - August 22), contact the Admissions Department. You can obtain a registration package from your school and book an appointment to register at the school. For more information, call us at 905-890-0708 ext. 20182.
Who Can Register at DPCDSB Schools?
Elementary admissions are open to Catholic children and children of Catholic parents. Kindergarten students must be at least 4 years of age by December 31 of the school year for which they are registering.
Under the provincially legislated Open Access policy, students of all faiths may attend Dufferin-Peel Catholic secondary schools, subject to the board’s admissions requirements.
When can I Register?
Parents can register their child for the upcoming school year and/or semester (secondary) at anytime during the school year (September-June). Schools open one week prior to the beginning of the school year for registering students who moved to the area during the summer months. Registration for Full-Day Kindergarten takes place in January. Call your local school in advance to confirm office hours and registration requirements.
Which School is in my Boundary Area?
To find out which Catholic school is in your area, use the GeoQuery tool on the Student Transportation of Peel Region website or contact our Planning Department at 905-890-0708 ext. 24440.
How do I Register?
Parents/guardians are to register their child in person at their designated Catholic school. The following documents are required for registration:
- Proof of age of the child (birth certificate or passport)
- Original Roman Catholic baptismal certificate (for child and/or parent/guardian) or baptismal certificate from an Eastern Church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome. If the child has not been baptized, and the parent/guardian is a baptized Roman Catholic or has been baptized in an Eastern Church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome, the parent/guardian must bring their own baptismal certificate.
- Updated immunization records (Immunization Card, Peel Health Form or Letter of Exemption)
- Proof of Canadian citizenship (Birth Certificate/Passport) or permanent resident status
- Proof of home address (tax bill, utility bill, bank statement)
- Emergency rural address numbers for identifying your property, if applicable (residents of Caledon and Dufferin County)
- Proof of English Separate School Support (may be done at the time of registration by completing an Application For the Direction of School Support and/or a Separate School Lease Agreement available at the school) Learn More: Support Catholic Education
- Education records, if available
*All documentation must be submitted in English.
Admission for all non-Canadian, non-landed citizens, including refugee claimants, international students and students on study permits and parental work permits, must be done on an individual basis. Please contact our Admissions Department for an appointment to determine eligibility to attend Dufferin-Peel Catholic schools.
For more information about admissions and requirements, please contact our Admissions Department at 905-890-0708 ext. 24512 or 24519 or 24511.
Chinese (Mandarin - Simplified)