I do not mean that there should be relief for others and pressure on you, but it is a question of a fair balance between your present abundance and their need, so that their abundance may be for your need, in order that there may be a fair balance. (2 Cor. 8:13-14)
God wants us to treat each person as we would like to be treated.
Fairness…is the ability to be open-minded and act in a just and fair way. Fairness allows us to treat others with mercy and compassion -- to feel and act with and for another person.
From the perspective of the Catholic Graduate Expectations, a person of conscience...
· Presents information and ideas clearly, honestly and with sensitivity to others
· Finds meaning, dignity, fulfillment and vocation in work which contributes to the good
· Accepts accountability for one’s own action
· Exercises the rights and responsibilities of Canadian citizenship
· Contributes to the common good