2018-19 Registration and Random Selection Process
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR KINDERGARTEN TO GRADE 8
Registration for the St. James Catholic Global Learning Centre will take place on: January 23, 2018 from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.* January 24-26, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. *Designated Snow Date: January 24, 2018 from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
The St. James Catholic Global Learning Centre located in the Port Credit area of Mississauga will be holding Kindergarten to Grade 8 Registration for the 2018-19 school year on January 23* from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and on January 24-26 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. *A snow date has been designated on January 24 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. To be considered for any random selection, registrations must be received before 3:00 p.m. on January 26, 2018. Registration for St. James CGLC will take place in-person at the school located at 98 Wanita Road in Mississauga. Online registration is not available for St. James CGLC. The St. James Catholic Global Learning Centre is a regional elementary school open to all Dufferin-Peel Catholic students. The school provides diverse and specialized learning opportunities with a global focus for students from Kindergarten to Grade 8. Admissions are open to Catholic children and children of Catholic parents. Kindergarten students must be at least 4 years of age by December 31, 2018. Parents interested in applying for Kindergarten at St. James Catholic Global Learning Centre must register online at www.dpcdsb.org for their home school starting on January 8, 2018, before registering in-person for St. James CGLC. Please note that student transportation is not provided for Regional programs.
ST. JAMES RANDOM SELECTION FOR 2018-2019 ENROLMENT
· The St. James Catholic Global Learning Centre is an optional program offered at the St. James School site.
· If we have not exceeded our allotment of student spaces, your registration will be complete and you will be notified.
· If we have exceeded our allotment of student spaces, we will conduct a random selection on Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the school library.
· If you are not successful in the random selection for available spaces, your child will be placed on the waitlist according to the random selection results, should spaces open up during the 2018-2019 school year.
· As a program of choice with limited pupil places, the Board practice of random selection to determine eligibility will apply should applications received by the registration deadline exceed available pupil places. Siblings of students currently in the program would also be part of the random selection and are not automatically guaranteed a pupil place to ensure equity of access to the regional program. Twin siblings will also submit one application per sibling and are not guaranteed a pupil place to ensure equity of access to the regional program. A waitlist for the current school year will be maintained should pupil places become available during the year.
Available Spaces for 2018-19
· We will have 23 spaces available for JK in September 2018. Currently all other grades are full and we are working off our current waitlist until June 30, 2018.
· Any registrations received during the period of January 23 – 26, 2018, will be included in our 2018-19 random selection being held on Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
· This random selection will create and identify our new 2018-19 waitlist (replacing the previous year’s waitlist).
The following documents will be needed when registering for all grades:
· proof of age (Birth Certificate)
· original Roman Catholic baptismal certificate (for child and/or parent/guardian) or baptismal certificate from an Eastern Church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome. If the child has not been baptized, and the parent/guardian is a baptized Roman Catholic or is baptized from an Eastern Church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome, the parent/guardian must bring their own baptismal certificate.
· updated immunization records
· proof of Canadian citizenship (Birth Certificate or Passport) or permanent resident status
· proof of home address (two of the following: property tax bill, current utility bill, real estate document or Government of Canada issued forms) **A driver’s license is not an accepted document
Only complete registrations will be accepted. All documentation must be received at the time of registration.
For additional information please refer to the St. James Catholic Global Learning Centre – Registration Policy