During the winter months inclement weather may cause disruption of bus transportation and regular school operations. A decision to cancel school transportation and/or to close schools is usually made by 6:00 a.m. and will be announced on the following radio and television stations:
VIRGIN RADIOFM99.9 CHUM AM1050
CFTR AM680 CFNY FM102.1
CJCL AM590 CHFI FM98.1
CFRB AM1010 EZ ROCK FM97.3CJBC AM860 FM Z103.5
FM93.1 FM Q107 CHIN FM100.7 AM1540 CBC99.1 CITYPULSE
GLOBAL NEWS CTV
We will be communicating one of four standard messages to the radio stations. The four announcements and their effect on the transportation system are as follows: (Please note that the highlighted text only will be communicated by the radio stations).
1. “DUFFERIN-PEEL CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD BUSES SERVING ST. ANDREW, ST. BENEDICT AND ST. PETER ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS AND R.F. HALL SECONDARY SCHOOL ARE CANCELLED FOR TODAY.”
2. “THE DUFFERIN-PEEL CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD BUSES AND THE PEEL DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD BUSES IN THE TOWN OF CALEDON AND THE COUNTY OF DUFFERIN ARE CANCELLED”.
This means that all runs listed under announcement #l PLUS the following are cancelled.
- All schools in the Town of Caledon and all school runs that begin in the Town of Caledon.
- Individual schools will be notified if this cancellation affects their school.
3. “THE DUFFERIN-PEEL CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD AND THE PEEL DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD BUSES ARE CANCELLED.” This means that:
ALL Transportation services provided by the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board and The Peel District School Board, including buses, vans and taxis have been cancelled for the entire day.
Visit our website: www.dpcdsb.org/stpeter
4. “THE SCHOOLS AND OFFICES OF BOTH THE DUFFERIN-PEEL CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD AND THE PEEL DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD ARE CLOSED.”
This means that:
ALL Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board and Peel District School Board schools and offices are closed to all students and staff.
Bus information can be found at the following site:
SNOWBALLS/ SNOW FORTS
Now that the snow has arrived, it is of importance to remind students that St. Peter has a strict rule of forbidding the throwing of snowballs. Every student has been made aware
Of the importance of this rule in the preventing of injury to others. A snowball that hits another student and causes injury can be seen as a weapon. Students have been informed about the consequences for throwing snowballs and that ignoring this rule will result in consequences. We have also had issues with students building snow forts. Many students have gotten into various arguments and fights over who owns which snow fort and who is allowed into it. Students are well aware of the Snow Fort Code of Ethics. Those failing to follow the simple rules will be given consequences for their actions. We have been sharing the following over morning announcements:
S- snow stays on the ground
NO- no standing, sitting, sliding down hills
W- winter wonder: building, snow angels, snowmen, snow forts!
Kindergarten registration for the 2016-2017 school year, will be held at all Dufferin-Peel Catholic elementary schools on January 24* from 9 a.m - 3 p.m. & 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. and January 25, 26, 27 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. *A snow date has been designated on January 25 from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
For more information, parents/guardians should contact their school, visit the board website at www.dpcdsb.org or call the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board at 905-890-1221