Kindergarten Registration begins January 8, 2018
Parents/Guardians can now register students online
Kindergarten registration for the 2018-19 school year will begin on January 8, 2018. Dufferin-Peel offers the full-day Kindergarten program in all 123 Catholic elementary schools in Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Bolton and Orangeville.
This year, parents/guardians have the option to register online or in-person at their designated Catholic school. Online registration will begin on January 8, 2018 at www.dpcdsb.org. The Online Registration Form should be completed prior to in-person school meetings where documentation will be received on January 15* from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. and January 17-19 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. *A snow date has been designated on January 16 from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. If parents/guardians wish to register in-person, they may do so during these specified dates and times.
The following documents are required for registration:
- Registration Form (completed online - copies also available at the school)
- proof of age of the child (birth certificate or passport)
- Original Roman Catholic baptismal certificate (for child and/or parent/guardian) or original baptismal certificate from an Eastern Church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome. If the child has not been baptized, and the parent/guardian is a baptized Roman Catholic or has been baptized in an Eastern Church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome, the parent/guardian must bring their own original baptismal certificate.
- updated immunization records (Immunization Card, Peel Health Form or Letter of Exemption)
- proof of Canadian citizenship (Birth Certificate/Passport) or permanent resident status
- proof of home address (two of the following: property tax bill, current utility bill, real estate document or Government of Canada issued forms)
- emergency rural address numbers for property identification, if applicable (residents of Caledon and Dufferin County)
- proof of English Separate School Support (may be done at the time of registration by completing an Application For the Direction of School Support and/or a Separate School Lease Agreement available at the school)
Inquiries about home school locations/boundary areas should be directed to the Board's Planning Department at 905-890-0708 ext. 24440.
In-person registration for Mayfield West #1 (Caledon) will take place at St. Rita School and registration for Credit Valley #5 (Brampton) will take place at St. Jean-Marie Vianney School. Mayfield West #1 and Credit Valley #5, which have yet to be officially named, will open in September 2018.
Registration is open to Catholic children and children of Catholic parents. Kindergarten students must be at least 4 years of age by December 31, 2018.
For more information, parents/guardians should contact their local Catholic school, visit the Board website at www.dpcdsb.org, or call the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board at 905-890-1221.