St. Thomas Aquinas
Regional Centre For The Arts
St. Thomas Aquinas - Regional Arts Program
- Show up early for your audition
- Be prepared
- Just try to be yourself
- Arrive through the main doors and you will be directed where to go
- Auditions take place at the end of January during exam week
A one-minute solo (with the appropriate music) in any dance genre.
NOTE: Your music and dance must be appropriate for a Catholic School setting.
The Audition will involve a 45-minute group workshop followed by the presentation of your solo.
- Arrive about 10 minutes prior to your audition.
- Be ready to tell us about yourself, your dance and the reasons for auditioning for our program.
- Be relaxed, the more relaxed and comfortable you are, the easier it will be to get to know the real you.
WHAT TO WEAR:
Girls - Pink Tights
- Black Body Suits
- Pink ballet shoes
- Hair in a bun
- No jewelry please!
Boys - Black T-shirt
- Black bottoms
WHAT TO BRING:
The Audition will be conducted in a workshop environment. Students will be grouped and we will have some fun together and then perform from the monologue you feel best suits you.
1. Memorize if you can one of the monologues from the selected monologues
2. A memorized song from music theatre to sing "a capella" (without music). Please note this is not a pop song or a song from a musical movie. (If this seems daunting then sing Happy Birthday or O’ Canada but making an effort with a song from a musical play would get you more noticed.)
Performance of your prepared work – monologue and song.
PLEASE NOTE: Your comprehensive drama training does include an element of vocal training to develop the all-round performer.
RAP - Drama Information Video
Two contrasting pieces to play.
Students are to perform their pieces on their own instruments. We will have a piano, drum set and amplifiers available to use. Copies of music for the panel would be greatly appreciated.
Students should arrive at least 15 minutes early so they can warm up in our practice rooms
Your choice of two contrasting songs. One of the two pieces should be "A Capella" (without piano or music accompaniment).
Students will be asked to perform their two chosen pieces and discuss their experience with the audition panel.
- The audition will be approximately 10 minutes long
- Students should arrive at least 15 minutes early so they can warm up in our practice rooms
Students are to create a portfolio of their work which they will show on the day of their scheduled audition.
Please bring in ten pieces of artwork that you have recently completed, these may include: watercolor paintings, acrylic paintings, pencil drawings, pencil crayon drawings, photography, collage, sculpture of any material, jewelry you made, anything creative! Aim to show us a variety of works. Include your sketchbook. We look forward to seeing your talent.
Please schedule to be at the audition for 1 – 1.5 hours.
TO RETURN TO THE RAP HOME PAGE