Friar Writing Contest 2022
"We saw the star in the East, and we came to worship Him." Matthew 2:2
The theme and the resources for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 2022 is prepared by the Middle East Council of Churches based in Beirut, Lebanon.
Question for the Writing Contest (Essay):
How can unity among Christians help overcome the forces of darkness in the world and bring the nations to the light of Christ? What is being done by the Christians journeying and acting together in the name of Jesus? What more needs to be done? Discuss with examples from your personal experience and the life of the Church.
Read Mathew 2:1-12, consult resources for the Writing- Contest 2022 -Click here for resources
1. The Essay should focus on the theme of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, “We saw the star in
the East, and we came to worship him” (Mt.2:2).
2. The contestants should consult resources of the Week of Prayer for Christian unity and submit a 450-500-word essay that answers the given question.
3. Contestants must be 13-19 years of age, and currently enrolled in an Ontario secondary school or equivalent program.
4. Essay must be submitted on or before Monday, February 14, 2022, by 2:00 p.m. Late entries will not be included in the Writing Contest.
5. Entries must include contestants full name, email address, phone number and name of their school on the front page of their essay
Due date: February 14, 2022