"In consideration of all that is happening in the world and our community, the Support Services team at Ascension of Our Lord has compiled a list of some resources for our students and families to access if needed, during the summer months. We wish all students a restful and healthy summer. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return! "
COMMUNITY INFORMATION BULLETIN - June 3, 2020
Resources and Supports for Students & Families re: Anti-Black Racism from Dufferin Peel Catholic District School Board:
For ongoing support:
- Malton Neighborhood Services: https://www.mnsinfo.org/
- Tangerine Counselling: http://www.tangerinewalkin.com/
- Where to Start: Peel Region's network of service providers for child and youth mental health services - https://wheretostart.ca/
- Black Youth Helpline: 1-833-294-8650 https://blackyouth.ca/
- Bereaved Families of Ontario - Halton/Peel: https://www.bereavedfamilies.ca/
- The Children and Youth Grief Network for support virtually and by phone - https://www.childrenandyouthgriefnetwork.com/
- En'tyce Our Youth Group - firstname.lastname@example.org - Support group for youth 15 plus
- Ontario 211 for information about local services.
- Kids Help Phone – call 1-800-668-6868 or text CONNECT to 686868.
- Peel Children's Centre 24/7 Crisis Response: 416 410 4615
- Call 911 or go to the emergency room of your local hospital