Do you want to...
- add to your resume?
- earn credits towards your OSSD?
- possibly earn actual College credits before you even graduate from high school?
- gain valuable insight into a career BEFORE you apply to post-secondary school?
- gain hands-on work experience in a career you are interested in while you are still in high school?
- develop important employability skills like teamwork, decision making, time management, and priority and goal setting?
... then think about applying to the Co-operative Education Program! You can contact the Co-op office at (905) 824-1025 and speak to one of our Co-op teachers directly.
How Does Co-op Work?
Co-op is divided into three components:
- Pre-placement Orientation
1. Pre-placement Orientation
Prior to their placements, all cooperative education students must demonstrate an understanding of a variety of topics such as: health and safety; coverage under Workplace Safety and Insurance Act; confidentiality; right to privacy; work ethics; and labour unions and collective bargaining.
The integration portion of the classroom component involves sessions with students that are held at various times throughout the course and following the placement and is designed to provide students with an opportunity to: relate placement experience with curriculum expectations; reflect and analyse their placement experiences; and reinforce job-skills theory.
OUT OF SCHOOL
Students attend a learning placement in the workforce where they learn valuable skills and knowledge about a specific career. Students are provided with sufficient time and opportunity in a given placement for satisfactory skill development, career exploration, and personal growth.
Students earning 2 credits are at their learning placement 4 hours / day
Students earning 4 credits are at their learning placement 8 hours / day
All students attend their learning placements:
Tuesdays - Fridays with the
Cooperative Education Information Packages
Completing the Co-op Application
- Open the application
- Download and do a 'File > Save As' renaming the file with your first and last name
- Close the application from the website and open the new file you created
- Make sure you are filling in the newly saved file -
your information will not be saved if you do not work from the newly created file
- Save your information as you complete the application to make sure your entries are being recorded and then save again at the very end
- Attach the completed application to an email and send it to email@example.com
- PLEASE MAKE SURE that the file you send Ms. Luchesa is
- If you're having trouble with the file, you can also send screen shots of both pages of the application