Welcome to Chaplaincy!
As the Chaplaincy Leader at Our Lady of Mount Carmel, I work to spread the Gospel message in all of my many ministries. Some might be asking, “What exactly does a Chaplaincy Leader do?” The role of Chaplaincy is multi-faceted. Along with being present for staff and students to nurture their faith, my role includes:
- organizing retreat experiences for students.
- providing pastoral care and counselling services.
- organizing Liturgical celebrations.
- developing faith leadership among students through clubs and activities.
- promoting and organizing outreach and social justice initiatives.
- providing opportunities to partake in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- leading the school in prayer and reflection daily.
Of course, you can find me around the school participating in the community in many other ways also! Ultimately, I am here to model the love that Jesus has taught us, and to share my experience of faith with the community. It is truly a joy to serve in the ministry, finding new and exciting ways to help the community live out the Pastoral Plan created by our team each year.
The Pastoral Plan outlines all of the many ways that Our Lady of Mount Carmel lives out our faith, developing students that model the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations.
Please stop by my office, located beside the Chapel, anytime!
Check out these clubs: CIA, Salesian Leadership, Rosary Apostolate, Carmel Prayer Warriors, Youth For Christ - HSB, Carmel Alliance/Respect Ed in the club section of our website.