Our school library contains fiction and non-fiction resources for students in Kindergarten to Grade 8. We look to foster the love of reading and are committed to developing our students into life long learners.
Students at St. Helen visit the library on a regular basis. Students visit the library on a weekly basis. They are permitted to check out one book.
Take good care of your library books. Keep them a designated place so that they are easily located. Be sure to keep library books away from food, pets, and water!
Library books are due on the day the class visits the library.
How Can Parents Support Reading?
Here are a few websites that provide some suggestions on how you can help your child with reading at home.
1. Helping Your Child with Reading and Writing: Click HERE
2. Reading and Writing with you Child: Click HERE
3. How to Make Reading Fun for you School-Aged Child: Click HERE
Canadian Book Suggestions:
1. The 10 Picture Books Every Canadian Home Should have: Click HERE
2. 10 Books about Canada: Click HERE
3. One Hundred Best Canadian Books for Children: Click HERE