8:17 – 9:35
9:40 – 10:55
11:00 – 11:40
11:40 – 12:20
12:20 – 1:00
1:05 – 2:20
Period 1 Homeroom
Period 1 Assembly 1
Period 1 Assembly 2
8:20 – 9:20
10:30 - 11:20
11:25 - 12:05
12:05 - 12:45
12:45 - 1:25
1:30 - 2:20
Is Your Child Stressed?
Stress can effect people of all ages. How can you tell if your child is stressed? Physical symptoms may be similar in children as in adults. However, the way children deal with these feelings could be quite different. Causes of stress for children can stem from school, home or peers, with the symptoms varying with each child. Look for signs such as inability to concentrate, sleep difficulty, a drop in grades, toileting, eating concerns or isolation from family and peer relationships.
Here are a few tips to help minimize stress in your child:
- Encourage your child to tell you if he or she feels overwhelmed.
- Set a good example of how to deal with stress.
- Make your child aware of anticipated family changes, in an age-appropriate way. Children will often think the worst about a situation they do not understand.
- Help your child select appropriate extracurricular activities and limit overscheduling.
- Encourage physical activity, good nutrition and rest.
- Encourage healthy and diverse friendships.
- Use encouragement and natural consequences when poor decisions are made.
- Monitor television viewing, web browsing and video game use.
- Remind your child of his or her ability to get through tough times, particularly with the love and support of family and friends.
- Communicate with your child’s teacher for possible concerns.
- Seek the assistance of a physician, school psychologist, school counselor, or school social worker if stress continues to be a concern.
For more information, visit: www.psychologyfoundation.org
Stay connected. Join the Dufferin-Peel eCommunity and receive information about events, activities and issues.
Part-Time Opportunites at Dufferin-Peel
This is an information seminar provided by the Peel Regional Police on Internet Safety and Child Exploitation. Take a look!
McCarthy's new store location in Brampton, click here for the map.
St. Joseph S.S. is an allergen aware school!