The Theme for Catholic Education Week 2024:
We are Called to Love
Catholic Education Week is held each year in May in our 29 Ontario Catholic School Boards. Catholic Education Week 2024 is scheduled to take place during the week of May 5 – May 10.
The themes for Catholic Education Week 2024 are inspired by the following considerations:
- With joyful anticipation of the Jubilee Year of 2025, we are inspired by Pope Francis announcing the theme of “Pilgrims of Hope.” With open hearts of love, we can continue to “fan the flame of hope” for a bright future.
- On the fifth anniversary of Renewing the Promise, we celebrate that Catholic Education is centred on our Christian call to love. This love permeates how we live in the world and as we act with love, we build a better future. As Pope Francis stated in 2023, “He wants us to be artisans of a new history, weavers of hope, builders of the future, peacemakers.”
- The theme of the synod, “Enlarge the Space of Your Tent,” invites us to listen in love, to be a healing presence to one another and to strengthen relationships.
- In his visit to Canada last summer, Pope Francis gave us hope for our continued work for Truth and Reconciliation. Through prayer and a commitment to love, stronger bonds are forming and a new way forward is emerging.
- Catholic Education Week comes at the same time as Mental Health Awareness Week. Through love and compassion, we continue to support each other’s wellbeing. God is love and we are always called to live out this love.
- In our continued work for Equity and Inclusion in Catholic schools, a focus on love reminds us that all God’s children are loved unconditionally.
Pastoral Plan 2022 - 2023