St. Marcellinus is using myblueprint for course selection starting this year. You need to set up your account now to facilitate a smooth transfer of information when you select your courses. Here's what you need to do right now:
- Create Your Account!
- This needs to be done as soon as possible
- * Visit www.myBlueprint.ca/dpcdsb.
- * Click on NEW USER, select St. Marcellinus and then click on the CREATE ACCOUNT option and follow the steps provided.
You will need two pieces of information:
- Your OEN number (found on your timetable or your report card)
- Your birthday
Validate your account by responding to the e-mail sent to you by myblueprint.
- * Have an account? Enter your email/password in the Existing User box
- * Forgot your password? Click on "Forgot your password?"
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON'T CREATE AN ACCOUNT
The simple answer: you won't be able to pick your courses. Failure to create an account (and validate the account via e-mail through myblueprint) will make your high school planning unnecessarily complicated because you will be shut out of the course selection process.
- From your Home Screen, mouse over each box and review the requirements
- Click on any box to get started and complete an activity
GET AHEAD. ADD YOUR COURSES.
- Get ahead of the game. Do your research and pick your courses now. Just click on the HIGH SCHOOL PLANNER box and add the courses your want to take next year. Between now and the time we do course selection, you can investigate the options that best suit your needs. All you have to do when course selection begins is press SUBMIT.
AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT – PICK YOUR COURSES TODAY AND, WHEN THE TIME COMES, YOU'LL GET THE COURSES YOU WANT.
COURSE SELECTION TIPS
GRADE 9s moving to Grade 10
- pick CIVCAR (the code that combines Civics and Careers)
-If you didn't take an ART credit in Grade 9, you'll need to take one in Grade 10
GRADE 10s moving into Grade 11
- Academic students can select UNIVERSITY (U), UNIV/COLLEGE (M), COLLEGE (C) and OPEN (O) courses
- Applied students can select UNIV/COLLEGE (M), COLLEGE (C) and OPEN (O) courses
- Locally developed students should make an appointment with their guidance counsellor to make sure their course selection goes smoothly
GRADE 11s moving into Grade 12
-pick your courses based on the pre-requisites for the post secondary program you are planning to attend. Use myblueprint's post-secondary planner to help you make your choices.
-University bound students need to pick a minimum of six (6) U or M credits in order to apply to university
-College bound students need to have six (6) C or M credits from grade 11 and 12 for many college programs