Student achievement is about the whole student and providing supports so that every student has the potential for academic and personal success.
The goal of the Student Achievement program is to provide students with opportunities and supports to be successful in their journey towards achieving their Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Credit Recovery and Credit Rescue programs are also offered during the regular school day. In consultation with the Student Services Department, students are given an opportunity to earn, recover and/or rescue credits, leading them on their post-secondary pathway.
The St. Michael Student Success Team uses the Achievement Centre as a place where students who are identified as in-risk of not graduating are invited to access extra supports. The Student Success Teacher/Leader works collaboratively with the Classroom Teacher in recovering and rescuing credits that are in jeopardy. Students are recommended for the program by their Classroom teacher. Students are also encouraged to drop in on their lunch to complete these missed assessments.
The purpose of the Achievement Centre is to:
- Identify and track student who are in need of assistance.
- Make sure students identified are placed in the correct level according to their individual capabilities.
- Decide appropriate interventions to assist the student.
- Liaise with student, teacher, and parents.
- Oversee the credit rescue program.
- Develop initiatives to support and promote student success.
- Assist in transition between Grade 8 to high school.
The Student Success program supports that clear indicators of achievement promote academic excellence take place in an appropriate and challenging environment in which members of the St. Michael Catholic Secondary School community exemplify the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Student Success Teachers/Leaders
Ms. N. Galvao: x29132
Mr. P. D'Amico: x293132 / x29306