St. Margaret of Scotland elementary school, located at 2266 Council Ring Road, was blessed on November 15, 1998, by Fr. John Facey of St. Francis Assisi Parish. Prior to that, the school had been known as Pierre Laporte Catholic Elementary School; it had opened in 1972 and was the first Catholic elementary school in Erin Mills. The school was renamed when it was rebuilt in 1997–1998. St. Margaret of Scotland was the first Mississauga site for Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board's French Immersion Programme. The very first class of French Immersion students graduated in 2016.
St. Margaret of Scotland currently has a student population of 620 students with approximately half being enrolled in the French Immersion Programme.
In support of the Dufferin Peel Catholic District School Board's Catholic Board Improvement Learning Cycle, St. Margaret of Scotland is further committed to:
• Deepening the understanding, appreciation and practice of the Catholic Christian lifestyle, with Jesus as role model;
• Aligning a school-wide approach to Catholicity, whereby all educational practices are implemented through a Catholic lens;
Developing students who are fully alive in Christ, not only in terms of knowledge and skills, but in terms of values, attitudes and actions.
• As a diverse educational community responding to God's call, St. Margaret of Scotland fosters and nourishes an inclusive atmosphere rooted in tradition and Scripture while:
• Being authentic witnesses to our Catholic Faith;
• Being responsible stewards of God's grace in the world;
• Respecting human dignity;
• Modelling all learners after Jesus, as ministers of compassion
Extraordinary lives start with a great Catholic education.