The staff of St. Catherine of Siena will meet during the month of May to begin discussing an appropriate placement for each student for next year. When determining placement, some of the criteria we consider are: Academic ability, Individual work habits and study skills, Maturity, Date of birth, Social considerations, Placement history. A link to a google form will be shared in the May Newsletter. Please refrain from making a request for a specific teacher as staffing is always tentative and changes often take place between the time of tentative class placement and September. Our decisions are made after careful consideration of all relevant information and are based on the individual strengths and needs of each child.
Annual Offence Declaration for Volunteers
This declaration saves parents from completing another Criminal Reference Check, if done within the year. If you have a Criminal Reference Check here at the school, we’re asking you to please complete, sign and submit this declaration to the office.
This year, as one of our ECO schools initiatives, we will not be providing Milk or Water as part of the Pizza Day. Children will be asked to bring their own drinks, and are encouraged to use one of our Water Filling Stations. Pizza orders are now for five weeks. Many thanks for your continued support. Any profits made from Pizza Days go directly to students.
> Absent: If your child is away, we cannot provide a refund –as everything is pre-ordered. However, parents are welcome to pick up their child’s lunch that day.
Parent Tip Sheets
- 10 Tips to help your child with Reading - Tips for kindergarten to grade 3 (PDF)
- 10 Tips to help your child with Reading - Tips for grade 4‐6 (PDF)
- 10 Tips to help your child with Math - Tips for kindergarten to grade 3 (PDF)
- 10 Tips to help your child with Math - Tips for grades 4‐6 (PDF)
- 10 Tips to help your child with Writing- Tips for kindergarten to grade 3 (PDF)
- 10 Tips to help your child with Writing - Tips for grades 4‐6 (PDF)
- 10 tips to help your son with reading (PDF)
- 10 Tips to help your child with homework (PDF)
- 10 tips to get your child ready for school (PDF)
- 10 tips to help you when talking with the teacher (PDF)
- 10 tips that use arts and crafts to develop math and literacy skills (PDF)
- 10 Tips for Summer Learning Fun (PDF)
- Does your child need extra help? (PDF)
- 10 tips to help your child build vocabulary through new words (PDF)
- 5 tips to help choose books for your child (PDF)
- 5 Tips for sharing family stories (PDF)
Nutrition Fact Sheets
Psych to Thrive
Psych 5 to Thrive consists of 5 fact sheets that consist of 5 short strategies to help students thrive at school and at home.
- Raising Confident and Resilient Children (PDF)
- Healthy Sleep, Healthy Child (PDF)]
- Talking to Teens About Stress (PDF)
- Making the Most of Your Parent-Teacher Interview (PDF)
- How to Help Your Teen Survive Exam Week Stress (PDF)
Psychology Resources (Link to many valuable resources)