The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme strives to develop well rounded individuals. As such, the I.B. D.P. Student Award should be presented to a student who is an active participant in the activities of the school as well as those of the community. These may include artistic / musical /athletic / academic accomplishments and / or involvement in various school related clubs or teams.
This student should be predicted to achieve IB Diploma, and in addition, should participate in class and possess self-motivation, helping others and giving their time and effort to encourage success in their fellow students whenever possible. The recipient of this award should be a student who is well-liked and respected by their classmates and teachers; an overall representative of the I.B. D.P. program at St. Francis Xavier Secondary School.
In addition to the above, all the IB DP Award candidates should have support of the DP core teachers/coordinators. The DP core is made up of the three required components (Extended Essay, Creativity-Activity-Service, and Theory of Knowledge) and the core aims to broaden students’ educational experience and challenge them to apply their knowledge and skills.
If you are in Year 2 and interested in being considered for this award, please list the following and submit your resume (application) to the I.B. D.P. Coordinator (via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org):
- support of at least one subject teacher and all the core teachers/coordinators (TOK, EE, CAS). Please approach the teachers/coordinators for their support and state that you have received their backing in your CV/Resume)
- participation in the activities of the school;
- participation in the activities of the community;
- class participation;
- service to your peers;
- IB Diploma Programme achievement (total predicted points);
- short description of your personal qualities.