All children and adolescents face problems from time to time.
- Feel afraid to go to school
- Have difficulty organizing their time efficiently
- Lack effective study skills
- Fall behind in their school work
- Lack self-discipline
- Worry about family matters such as divorce or death
- Feel depressed or anxious
- Experiment with drugs and alcohol
- Think about suicide
- Face difficult decisions such as applying to college, getting a job, or quitting school
- Question their aptitudes and abilities
School psychology staff can help parents, children, adolescents, teachers and members of the community understand and resolve these concerns.