Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP)
Level 1 to College
2022-2023 OYAP Level 1 Application FormDiscover Co-op/OYAP Education at DPCDSB. Experience that works for you! 2022-2023 OYAP Guide
NOTE: Completed OYAP Application Form is to be submitted by the Co-op Teacher OR Guidance Counselor through the OYAP Google Form. To access the OYAP Google Form, please click HERE.
Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP) - OYAP is a planned school-to-career program that enables students to meet secondary school diploma requirements while participating in a skilled trade that requires apprenticeship leading to a Certificate of Apprenticeship and Journey Person status. Students have the opportunity in Grade 11 or 12 through the co-operative education program to explore and work in a skilled occupation developing an understanding of the skill and knowledge required. The Student Cooperative Education Learning Plan (SCELP) will be based on the training requirements outlined in the government approved training standards for the trade.
A student participating in OYAP must:
- Be sixteen years* of age or older (*NOTE: some trades/sectors will permit students to begin OYAP at 15 years of age);
- Have completed a minimum of 14 credits towards their OSSD prior to starting the OYAP program;
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the program;
- Demonstrate commitment, good work habits, regular attendance record, and competency in English, math and science (physics/chemistry) where applicable;
- Choose appropriate secondary courses linked to their skilled apprenticeship occupation;
- Explore their choice of apprenticeship in Grades 11 or 12 through technological studies, related academic subjects, and cooperative education programs;
- Select to take cooperative education during course selection;
- Complete and submit a cooperative education application to the cooperative education office at their home school.
Skilled Trades Ontario